Humanity, with all its definitions, are inextricably linked — humankind as a collective, and the compassion, kindness, and benevolence held within us. We are all on our own adventures, our own journeys, but ultimately we must accept that we’re all in this together. For it is up to the collective to love and protect one another, and this planet. In order to reach that level of collective collaboration and compassion for one another, we must begin with the “self”. We must find our own humanity, and be kind to ourselves. So delve deep into your own humanity, and find self-love, because once we truly love ourselves we are able to share our compassion and love wholly and unconditionally.
The planet will survive humanity’s ignorance, destruction, and selfishness.
We, humankind, may not.
Christoffer Relander – https://www.christofferrelander.com
- “Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious.” – Carl Sagan
2. “In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”
― Anne Frank
3. “The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life.”
― Jane Addams
4. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
5. “Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.”
― R.J. Palacio
6. “Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.”
― Oscar Wilde
7. “There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human- in not having to be just happy or just sad- in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time.”
― C. JoyBell C.
8. “We are each other’s harvest; we are each other’s business; we are each other’s magnitude and bond.”
― Gwendolyn Brooks
9. “The question is not why doesn’t someone empathise with humanity but why do they not empathise with themself.”
― Samantha Fletcher
Art – “Self-love” by Cami Dobrin
10. “Everybody counts or nobody counts.”
― Harry Bosch
Art – Nexus Multicultural Art Centre
11. “Let people just be people.”
― A Beautiful Anonymous Stranger